Saturday, November 10, 2007

Music for the Body and Soul

Last year I had the pleasure of meeting the talented composer Mike Wall, who had just released his first CD called "Passage."

Mike "tested" this CD on me prior to its release, for he hoped that massage therapists and other wellness practitioners would find his tracks a therapeutic complement to their work. I was taken with his music right away and I found the "Passage" tracks to be soothing and full of healing intention.

In the most recent issue of the Massage Therapy Journal, music reviewer Clare Laplante described Wall's CD as "a skillful mix of acoustic and electronic instruments" combined with "ocean, wind, and bird songs recorded in a state park near Monterey, California." The seamless combination of human-made and nature-made sounds lulls my clients to a deeply relaxed state and allows me to be slow, methodical, and intuitive in my work.

This one-hour musical experience is included in the standard CD rotation of my business. I also listen to this CD on my own when I want to drop to a deep state of calm in my body while at the same time rise to a more mindful, self-aware place in my mind and heart.

To learn more about "Passage" and to listen to samples of the CD, feel free to visit CD Baby.com.

No comments: