Sunday, June 08, 2008

They've Got the Right Idea

I took a cue from my cats today. After many days (or has it been weeks?) of gray and rain in Seattle, there was a spontaneous sun burst this afternoon. I let the cats out and they went to sunbathing immediately. I knew I had to get out in it, too, so I took a lovely walk, soaking in as much vitamin D as I could.

My question to you all is how are coping with the cooler, cloudier spring this year? What are you doing to stay positive, healthy, and vibrant even when it's stormy outside? I'd love to hear about your experiences and coping strategies!

peace and blue skies,
Courtney

2 comments:

Binky said...

Just between you, me, and the fencepost, I am napping and carb loading.

I'd really like some sun. The temps are fine by me, in fact, I love them, but the darkness is getting old.

I did go get a highlight in my hair so I can pretend it's summer. I also did a pedicure and polished my toes bright pink jsut in case I had to make an emergency trip to the beach.

Courtney Putnam said...

Oh, I hear you, Binky. I don't mind the temperature so much; it's the lack of blue sky and light that gets me.

I love the little summery touches you describe. Perhaps tomorrow I'll make some lemonade or wear shorts or apply coconut lotion--even if it's still stormy out!

Courtney